What Is The Future Of Earth In 10 Quintillion Years? [Video]
Scientists and researchers have made predictions of the events for the next 1,000, 1,000,000 and up to 10 Quintillion years into the future!
The folks at Dark Nook have compiled a video showing just that. So let’s go through this journey together!
Here’s the Breakdown of 10 Quintillion Years into Earth’s Future:
One Thousand (1,000) years from now:
- Due to rapid evolution of languages, no single present day word will have survived.
- The Binary Star System Gamma Cephei replaces Polaris so we will have a new North Star.
Two Thousand (2,000) years from now:
- Ice sheet completely melted with extreme global warming +8C.
- Greenland ice melted. Sea levels 6 meters higher.
- The year 5125 is the end of the Mayan calendar and, according to Mayan, a doomsday (again).
- In 20,000 years Chernobyl will finally be safe.
Fifty Thousand (50,000) years from now:
- Niagara Falls disappears, the remaining 32 km to Lake Erie erodes away and the waterfall ceases to exist.
- Greenland Ice melts completely with moderate global warming +2C.
One Hundred Thousand (100,000) years from now:
- The titanium in your MacBook starts to corrode.
- Either a super volcano or a large climate-altering asteroid likely to have affected the Earth.
- The stars in the heavens look completely different due to Earth’s movement through the galaxy.
See Also: 8 Facts About Space That Will Shock You!
Five Hundred Thousand (500,000) years from now:
- The spent fuel in today’s reactors will finally be safe.
- There will be new global freeze i.e another Ice Age.
One Million (1,000,000) years from now:
- All glass created to date will have finally degraded.
- Massive stone structures like Giza or sculptures at Mount Rushmore may still exist, everything else gone.
- Some scientists have proposed that in 5,000,000 years the Y chromosome could die out – making men impossible.
Fifty Million (50,000,000) years from now:
- Africa has collided with Eurasia, sealing off the Mediterranean Basin and creating a mountain range similar to the Himalayas.
- Antarctica ice migrates north and melts, raising sea levels by 75 m.
Not looking good , is it..
Sixty Million (60,000,000) years from now:
- The Earth’s orbit will become highly unpredictable.
Two Hundred and Fifty Million (250,000,000) years from now:
- The continents will start moving and create a new super continent.
Eight Hundred Million (800,000,000) years from now:
- C4 photosynthesis no longer possible and as a result multi-cellular life dies.
Two Billion (2,000,000,000) years from now:
- Earth core freezes and the planet stops the rotation.
- No rotation means no magnetic fields which means no protection from the Sun.
- Surface temperature hits 147 C. All life dies.
Seven Billion (7,000,000,000) years from now:
- The Sun will hit its maximum radius, 256 times current size.
- Mercury, Venus and Earth will be destroyed as the Sun becomes a carbon-oxygen white dwarf with about 50 percent its present mass.
(We are nearing the 10 Quintillion years mark now).
Twenty Billion (20,000,000,000) years from now:
- One potential end of the universe: All matter is torn apart by the expansion of the universe.
- All distances become infinite.
One Hundred Thousand Billion (100,000,000,000,000) years from now:
- All the stars will have died.
- The only objects left are remnants like White Dwarfs, Neutron Stars and Black Holes.
And finally in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 years (or 10 Quintillion years):
- If not consumed by its own Sun, the Earth’s orbit will have finally decayed and it will plunge back into the Sun.
And that’s all there is to the future of Earth and the Universe.
So what do you think of this video? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Thanks again to Dark Nook for this awesome video! Be sure to subscribe to our website for more awesome posts like this.
Subscribe via Email